Renting with Cookleys Letting Agents in Exeter
Once I have viewed a property and wish to proceed what do I do next?
- Complete a reference form for each person over 18 wishing to take the tenancy
- The fee for this is £70 per person which is non refundable
- The reference company will check your credit history, your current landlord (if applicable) and your employers
- We then take the property off the market while we wait for the references to clear
Once references have come back clear?
- We will contact you to agree a move in date and ask that you pay the first months rent as a holding deposit within 7 days of references clearing
- We arrange a convenient date for your move in and start to draw up the necessary paperwork
What documents do I need to complete my tenancy application and move in to the property?
- ID for all parties, one being photographic (i.e. passport or photo driving license) and also a document showing your current address (ie. utility bill, bank statement etc.)
How much deposit do I pay?
- Before we hand over the keys we ask for a damage deposit equivalent to one months rent which we register with a Government Agency. This is then refunded at the end of your tenancy provided the property is left in a clean and undamaged state.
Are there any other charges?
- The only other charge is £65 per applicant for administration, this is for the drawing up of the tenancy agreement etc. and other related paperwork.
All lettings are subject to status and references.
For further details please contact Mark Reynolds, Clare Pennell or Carolyne Quance on 01392 202220.